UCY Technologies ist a mid-sized company headquartered near Passau, Germany. Our focus is on software development in the fields of Computer Vision, Automation and Business IT. Within the larger UCY Ventures Group, UCY Technologies creates and maintains plastics sorting technology as well as corporate IT infrastructure. In 2021, we are setting out to change the landscape of Thin Computing with the ThinHoc platform.
As we are broadenning the scope of the ThinHoc project, a "fully-managed-as-a-service" hardware an software platform for modern Thin Computing, we are looking for a new team member for research, debelopment an testing of our software platform.
Your responsibility will be the maintenance, debugging and quality control of our SUSE Linux-based ThinHoc OS as well as integration work and testting with our hardware platform. On top of that, we would like you to monitor and update our public bugtrackers and at times offer remote technical assistance in case of issues that customers, first level support or frontend developers are unable to resolve without input from OS developer
- A bachelor´s degree in Computer Science, or alternatively some previous job experience or appropriate certifications for the skills mentioned in following lines
- General knowledge and experience in development for Linus-based operating systems or other unixoid or POSIX-compliant environments
- At least intermediate-level skills in the C or C ++ programming languages, and good proficiency in Unix Shell development
- A good understanding ot the working principle of advanced Package Managers such as Zypper, YUM/DNF por APT
- Skills in version control software (preferably Git)
- Existing skils or willingness to learn with regards to distro build systems, such as SUSE´s KIWI an OBS or similar tooling like debootstrap
- Good command of the English language
- (if applicable) Willingness to work in a remote setting and report on the progress in daily video conferences
- An independent an solution-oriented way of solving problem
Do not hesitate to contact us:
Fon +49 (0) 8544 / 900 91 10